Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chocolate Panda Cake!

Yay, another update! I think I'm on a role!
I finally found a recipe for chocolate cake that nearly matches the stupid Betty Crocker box mix! I've made it quite a few times now, and the results seem to be good! It's a nice, moist cake, that's chocolatey, but not sickening. It's really easy to make too! I'd definatly reccomend it :)

Recipe: Chocolate Cake

Oops! I just realised I left my notebook with the recipe in it in Dublin >_<>




Kawaii, desu ne?

It was pretty easy to make, and really fun too! I just devided the cake mixture between a big and a small cake tin, then cut the small one in two to make the ears. I then iced it with dark and white chocolate ganache (simply melt together an equal quantity of double cream and chocolate, then cool until spreadable). I bought some kind of fake double cream by accident, it was 'low fat' or something like that, but it still tasted fine, so no dissasters there. Then I just decorated with sprinkles, the icing, and chocolate. I used a piece of toblerone for his nose ^_^

She seemed to really like the cake, so I consider it a sucess!









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here from the cake decorating community. Just wanted to say, cute panda! ;)

Carla said...

My friend loves pandas, so she would love this cake. Very cute!

diva said...

ooh,this looks lovely! i've linked your blog hope you don't mind ;) cheers

Jeena said...

Hi there my name is Jeena and I have started a food recipe forum that I thought you would like to join here Click here for food recipe forum

I would love to see you on there to chat about food and cooking and you can talk about anything you like and start your very own topics. :-)
or see my main food recipe website Jeenas food recipe site

You have an excellent food website yourself and your just the right person to take part on our cooking forum, your going to love it!

Hope to see you soon- your most welcome to come and join us foodies, we are a friendly group and you will have lots of fun. :-)

Thanks

Jeena x
jeenaskitchen.com/forum

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Love your website, and was wondering if you would be able to share this recipe, as I have been on a search for a recipe like Betty Crocker devil food cake and have failed.

Thanks in advance,